Svenska
nyaste
Atrás

Spel

Här inne pratar vi bara om spel.

Nintendo om DS lite i USA, kul diagram!

på nintendo.com har nintendo givit oss lite fakta kring de 3 första kvartalen 2006 och ett jäkligt kul diagram. Spelbranchen i USA har gentemot förra året ökat i omsättning med 11 %. Räknar man bort DS blir den totala ökningen bara 1,6 %.

DS själv har ökat den egna hård och mjukvaruföräljningen med 203 % som synes på bilden. Klicka på länken

http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=2V0XwWSpMLc
xPTWvQUpO5

A09us4wGbiJ&currentNo=0&page=

såhär står det i arikeln.

As both an entertainment and a business, Nintendo DS today is the powerhouse of the U.S. video game industry, driving nearly all industry revenue growth so far this year. Without this portable system, the video game industry growth overall would be nearly flat when compared with 2005, according to independent sales figures from the NPD Group of Port Washington, N.Y.

Through September's end, the U.S. industry overall shows revenue growth of 11 percent when compared with the same period in 2005. Nearly all of the growth comes from the portable DS - without it, the industry would report a mere 1.6 percent growth over the past nine months. DS hardware and software units posted a robust gain of 203 percent when compared to the same period in 2005. The news is the same globally: Nintendo recently announced estimated full-year shipments for DS hardware will grow to 20 million units from 17 million units worldwide, while estimated DS software shipments increased to 82 million units from 75 million.

"Numbers dramatically show the value of reaching out to the masses with products that are compelling and comfortable," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "And this perfectly sets the stage for our breakthrough Wii console, which appeals to both core players and current non-players with an intuitive control system and a price everyone can afford."

The NPD numbers also indicate that during September, Nintendo DS lifetime U.S. sales surpassed more than 6.2 million units. That total includes more than 1.4 million units of the new Nintendo DS Lite systems, which launched just 16 weeks ago on June 11. It's important to note these numbers represent Nintendo DS systems actually purchased by customers, not ones shipped only to stores.

"During a home console generation upgrade, consumer interest in existing consoles tends to drop as anticipation for new consoles increases. Hand-held game hardware and software revenues have kept the industry afloat," says Billy Pidgeon, Program Manager, Consumer Markets: Gaming at IDC. "Hand-held gaming has spurred real industry growth, and Nintendo's longstanding leadership in this space continues to drive this market."

This summer, Nintendo launched its Touch Generations brand to help newcomers to video games identify which nontraditional and pick-up-and-play titles are appropriate for them. The response from consumers has been enthusiastic, as four of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo DS games are Touch Generations titles. Touch Generations games include Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day and the three versions of Nintendogs. And at the same time, avid players also are fueling growth: the New Super Mario Bros. title, exclusively for Nintendo DS, is the third best-seller among all video games this year, including console games.
Nintendo FTW!

Kul att se att Nintendo, som verkligen BRYR sig om sina kunder, tjänar klirr i kassan. Dem förtjänar det efter floppen (Vi säger så) med Gamecube.
Eh? Nintendo bryr sig inte ett smack mer än Sony och Microsoft. De gör det för att tjäna pengar...

För att kommentera måste du vara inloggad. Om du inte är medlem än - bli medlem nu!